What we are about
Bedfordshire Golf Development Group is an organisation that works with both the Men's Union and Ladies Association to develop golf within the county. Our aim is to make Bedforshire the most accessible golf county in the U.K. To do this, we work with the affiliated clubs in Bedfordshire to ensure there is an offer to suit you, whether you're a junior, a senior, a disabled person, a male or female, have never played before or looking to return to the sport.
Why Play Golf
Charley Hull & Co talk through why they started in the game and why you should try it.
Golf is maybe not a sport you would associate as being great exercise, however, golf can offer you a range of health benefits.
The stats above may surprise you, but even more important is the knock on effect.
- One round of golf equates to the 150 minutes of exercise recommended by the NHS per week!
- Regularly burning 900 calories will keep your weight in check and you'll begin to see a drop in your waistline
- Getting active through golf will keep you moving which can help prevent and manage a variety of conditions including coronary heart disease, stroke and Type 2 diabetes. Golf will have a real impact on your health and wellbeing from the minute you start but it will also help protect you in the future too.
- Golf will make you sleep better! The moderate activity will release endorphins, making you feel happier, reduce stress and get a better nights rest.
- Playing golf is a very socialable sport. The relaxed atmosphere of playing 9 or 18 holes lends itself to free flowing conversation.
- Golf offers a great opportunity to catch up with friends as well as meet new people. 3-4 hours gives you plenty of time to get to know people whilst also enjoying the pleasures of golf.
- Golf's handicap system ensures anyone, of any ability can compete. Whether you're playing a friendly round with your friends or a club competition, the handicap systems allows a far and fun contest.