B.L.C.G.ABedfordshire Ladies County Golf Association
Bedfordshire Ladies County Golf Association
BedfordshireCounty Golf Union
Bedfordshire County Golf Union
True or False?
1. A player may repair a pitch mark that is on the green if his ball lies off the green.
2. A ball embedded in its own pitchmark in the ground in any closely mown area through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, within one club-length of where it lay but not nearer the hole.
3. In Matchplay a player may concede a hole at any time prior to the start or conclusion of that hole.
4. A player may stand outside the teeing ground to play a ball within it.
5. It is known or virtually certain that a ball that has not been found is lying in casual water. Which statement below is correct?
(a) The player may take relief without penalty and for the purposes of determining the nearest point of relief the ball is deemed to lie at the spot where the ball last crossed the outermost limits of the casual water. (b) As the ball has not been found the player must take the lost ball penalty of stroke and distance. (c) The player may take relief without penalty and the player must estimate the position of the ball. The nearest point of relief is calculated from this spot.
1. True – Rule 16-1c
2. False – Rule 25-2 (as near as possible to the spot where it lay)
3. True – Rule 2-4
4. True – Rule 11-1
5. A (Rule 25-1c)