|3||Bedford & County||2||2||6||4.5|
Individual Match Results
Scratch League Rules
1. The Scratch League currently consists of clubs who play each other once during the year i.e. home one year & away the next. Matches must be completed & all results submitted on the website by no later than the first week in October
.2. If a match cannot be played on the fixed date due to exceptional circumstances, the match may be re-arranged but must be completed by the first week of October.Note - inability to raise a full team is not an exceptional circumstance. In such a case, the fixture must be played on the specified date irrespective of how many players are available. Matches should only be postponed/re-arranged in truly exceptional circumstances (i.e. a course is “officially” closed).
3. If a club wishes to either join or leave the league, they must put their request in to the County Committee for the June/July meeting to allow for arrangements to be made for the following year.
4. League matches are played off scratch : i) A match will consist of three games. Each game will consist of 18 holes match play. If a game is all square after 18 holes, the game is halved & each team will score ½ point. For a game won, the player’s team will be awarded 1 point. ii) In the event that a club cannot field a full team they will forfeit the games of the missing players. If a player fails to arrive for a match or retires before a result is achieved the result for that game will be deemed to be 5:4 for their opponent. The individual results of each match must be submitted on the web as soon as possible. iii) After results are submitted the team winning the most games will be awarded 3 League points. In the event of a draw (1½ - 1½) each team will be awarded 1 League point.
5. If a player is a member of more than one golf club, she must state which club she intends to represent that year.
6. Team sheets to be exchanged before the start of each match. The players go out in ascending handicap order. The Captain has the option of interchanging any players who have a (playing) handicap difference of no more than two.
7. Handicap limit is 20.
8. Where the course becomes unplayable during the match or the match has to be abandoned due to severe weather conditions and resumption of play is not possible, the following will apply:
i) If a game in the match has played 9 or more holes the result of that game when play was abandoned will stand.
ii) If a game in the match has played fewer than 9 holes it will be deemed a halved game.
iii) If no games are played the match will be halved. 8. The winner of the League will be the team with the most League Points awarded. In the case of a draw, the winner will be the team with the higher number of games won. In the final analysis when all matches have been completed if two or more clubs are tied on League points and
9. The winner of the League will be the team with the most League Points awarded. In the case of a draw, the winner will be the team with the higher number of games won. In the final analysis when all matches have been completed if two or more clubs are tied on League points and games won, the Ward Wand Trophy will be shared. Trophy to be presented at the AGM.